BSE StAR MF Launches Corp Direct – A Direct Investment Portal for Corporates
Mumbai, November 14, 2020: BSE has been leading the way in adopting newer technologies and launching new, innovative products. The leading exchange has announced the launch of Corp Direct – A Direct Investment Portal for Corporates, with more features which will further simplify and provide end-to-end value-based services to the AMCs, Distributors, Investors, and MF industry participants.
The StAR MF Corp Direct Portal is loaded with salient new features and is currently live for Corporates. It will soon be available for other non-individuals (HUF, Partnership Firms, Societies, etc.)
The key features of StAR MF Corp Direct are,
· End to End Digital Web Module
· Corporate Parent-Child Entity Concept
· All AMCs and Schemes available under single platform
· SMS & Email Confirmation & approval process
· Multiple Transactions at single click
· Availability of Multiple Payment Options
· Quick Onboarding for Corporates who are already transacting (in any of the AMC/RTA platform)
· Customized Connectivity Feature (based on Corporate Requirement)
· Value added Services: Corporate Dashboard View, Transaction basket, Pre-filled transaction form, etc.
Commenting on this new launch, Shri. Ganesh Ram, Business Head-Mutual Funds, BSE said, “Earlier this year, the market regulator allowed exchanges to process mutual fund investments directly from Investors, which has reiterated and created a level-playing field. Taking this opportunity, BSE has developed StAR MF Corp Direct portal, which will go a long way in improving the existing experience of corporates. Now, corporates can seamlessly transact (both in Direct & Regular mode) with all AMCs and Schemes, at one go using Corp Direct instead of switching between multiple platforms which is cumbersome.
“Corp Direct will simplify the MF Investment process and significantly reduce time and increase efficiency for corporates.”
BSE StAR MF Key Performance Highlights:
· Processed over 76.74 lakh transactions amounting to Rs.22,905 Cr in Oct-20
· During FY 2020-21 (Apr – Oct-20) BSE StAR MF contributed Net Equity Inflow of Rs.13,022 Cr as compared to industry’s total of Rs. 1,771 Cr
· During Q2 FY 2020-21 Contributed Net Equity Inflow of Rs.2,808 Cr as compared to industry’s total of Rs. -7,214 Cr
Overall, the platform achieved 83% of the transaction within 7 months which is 4.76 Cr. during FY 20-21(Apr-Oct) as compared to 5.75 Cr. transactions during FY 19-20.
BSE StAR MF’s Net Inflow Contribution to MF Industry in Oct 2020:
· Net Equity Inflow continues to be positive with value of Rs.1,033 Cr as compared to Rs. -2,725 Cr of Industry.
· Overall Net Inflows contribution was 7% with a value of Rs.6,451 Cr as compared to industry total of Rs. 98,576 Cr
Other Key Performance Highlights are:
· In Oct-20, 56% growth with a value of Rs.22,905 Cr as compared to Rs.14,672 Cr on Oct-19
· In Oct-20, 6% decline with a value of Rs.22,905 Cr as compared to Rs. 24,493 Cr on Sep-20
· During FY 20-21 (Apr – Oct) turnover was Rs.1,83,855 Cr and Annual Turnover during FY 19-20 was Rs.2,02,552 Cr
· In Oct-20, 7% growth by processing 76.74 lakhs as compared to 71.93 lakhs in Sep-20
· In Oct-20, 64% growth by processing 76.74 lakhs as compared to 46.67 lakhs in Oct-19
SIP Book Size:
· Total SIP book size is 57.33 lakh as on date.
· In Oct-20, the platform registered 3.02 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs.76.72 Cr
· In Sep-20, the platform registered 3.73 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 85.63 Cr
· Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 68,629 as on date .
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org