BSE StAR MF sets a new record, processes over 10.35 lakh transactions on a single day
Exceeds its old record of 10.10 lakh transactions on a single day
Mumbai, March 11, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distributor platform, has processed 10.35 lakh transactions on 11th March 2020.
· BSE StAR MF transactions has grown by 57% during this fiscal year ending Feb20 in comparison to same period last year. It has processed 5.04 crore transactions (Apr’19 to Feb’20) compared to previous year (Apr’18 to Feb’19), which was 3.21 crore transactions.
· The platform has also shown a significant growth of 18% in terms of Turnover (Rs. 1,76,546 crores in the period of Apr’19 to Feb’20 viz a viz Rs. 1,49,473 crores for the period Apr’18 to Feb’19).
· The current StAR MF SIP book size is 38.39 Lakhs amounting Rs 1103.71 crores as of Feb 2020.
· The platform registered 1.21 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs 45.16 crore for the period 1st Mar to 11th Mar 2020.
· BSE StAR MF’s Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 56,500 (as on date) from 21,693 (as on Feb’2019)
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472 / 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org / Rahul.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org