BSE StAR MF Net Equity Flow counterpoise negative inflow over rest of the MF Channels in June 2020
Mumbai, July 9, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distributor platform is moving consistently towards transforming itself into a unique end-to-end-value based platform. BSE StAR MF continues to maintain the investors trust amidst market volatility contributing Net Equity Inflow of Rs.1,882 Cr to Industry’s Net Equity Inflow of Rs. 241 Cr in June’20.
For the first time in history of BSE StAR MF, rest of AMCs net equity collection was negative except for BSE, which resulted in an offset of the Industry’s Net Equity inflow to remain Positive.
BSE StAR MF’s total contribution to the MF industry in June’20 is Rs. 5,223 Cr. which is 72% out of the industry total of Rs. 7,266 Cr.
BSE StAR MF processed 63.15 lakh transactions amounting to Rs. 22,667 Cr., in the month of June’20.
For a comparison, during May’20 BSE StAR MF had contributed 66% which was Rs. 3,493 Cr. out of the industry’s total of Rs. 5,257 Cr.
Despite the nationwide pandemic and lockdown extension BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions. Overall, the platform achieved 1.86 crore transactions during Q1 of FY 20-21 and 5.75 crore transactions during FY 19-20.
Given below are a few Key Highlights:?
• For June’20 it was Rs.22,667 Cr., compared to Rs.15,358 Cr. on June’19, a significant growth of 48%
• For June’20 it was Rs.22,667 Cr., compared to Rs.25,540 Cr. on May’20 a drop by 11%
• For May’20 it was Rs.25,540 Cr, compared to Rs.13,543 Cr. on May’19, a striking growth of 89%
• Turnover for Q1 FY 20-21 was Rs 85,419.71 Cr as compared to Rs.43,367 Cr for Q1 FY 19-20, an excellent increase by 97 %
Net Equity Inflow:
• For June’20 it was Rs.1,882 Cr compared to Rs.3,493 Cr for May’20, a drop of 46%
• For June’20 it was Rs.1,882 Cr compared to Rs. 740 Cr for June’19, a significant increase of 154%.
• Net Equity inflow during Q1 of FY 20-21 is Rs.9,181 Cr compared to Rs. 4,079 Cr for Q1 FY 19-20 a remarkable growth 125%
• For June’20 it was 63.15 lakhs an increase by 7% as compared to 59.29 lakhs for May’20
• For June’20 it was 63.15 lakhs as compared to 39.18 lakhs for June’19, a growth of 61%.
• For May’20 it was 59.29 lakhs a significant increase by 48% as compared to 39.97 lakh May’19.
• Transactions during Q1 of FY 20-21 was 1.86 Cr as compared to 1.22 Cr during Q1 of FY 19-20, a tremendous growth by 52%.
SIP Book Size:
• Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 40.60 lakh amounting to Rs.1,304.58 Cr. as on June’20.
• For June’20 the platform registered 2.67 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 66.95 Cr.
• For May’20 the platform registered 2.52 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 57.54 Cr.
• Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 57,278 (as on date).
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 6.33 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs 4,964.81 Cr. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 57,278 registered distributors in India
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org