BSE StAR MF Achieves New Milestones by processing 92.98 Lakhs Transactions highest ever in a month & 4.77 New SIP Registrations in January 2021
Surpasses its all-time highest monthly record of 92.77 lakh transactions in Dec 2020.
Mumbai, January 29th, 2021: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest and leading Mutual Funds Distributor platform created an all new record. In January, BSE StAR MF set its highest monthly record of 92.98 lakh transactions worth Rs. 31,575 Cr.
The platform also recorded highest number of new SIPS registrations 4.77 lakhs on a single month. The former highest monthly transactions 92.77 lakh was achieved in Dec 2020 with value of Rs. 34,287 Cr.
Overall, the platform achieved 128 % of the transaction within 10 months which is 7.36 Cr. during FY 20-21(Apr- Jan) as compared to 5.75 Cr. transactions during FY 19-20.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
• For Jan ‘21 it was Rs. 31,575 Cr. compared to Rs. 17,816 Cr. on Jan’20, a significant growth of 77%
• For Jan ’21 it was Rs. 31,575 Cr. compared to Rs. 34,287 Cr. on Dec ’20 a decrease of -8%
• For Dec’20 it was Rs. 34,287 Cr. compared to Rs. 16,603 Cr. on Dec’19, a growth of 107 %
• Turnover for Q3 FY 20-21 was Rs. 80,540 Cr as compared to Rs. 44,997 Cr for Q3 FY 19-20, an excellent increase by 79 %
Net Equity Inflow:
• For Jan ’21 it was Rs. 1,444 Cr compared to Rs. 973 Cr for Dec’20, an increase by
• For Jan’21 it was Rs. 1,444 Cr compared to Rs. 1,763 Cr for Jan’20, a drop by -18%
• Net Equity inflow during Q3 of FY 20-21 is Rs. 2,376 Cr compared to Rs. 1,934 Cr for Q3 FY 19-20 a increase of 23 %
•For Jan’21 it was 92.98 lakh as compared to 54.43 lakh for Jan’20, an incredible growth of 71%
• For Jan’21 it was 92.98 lakh an increase by 0.23% as compared to 92.77 lakh for Dec’20
• For Dec’20 it was 92.77lakh a significant increase by 87% as compared to 49.56 lakh Dec’19.
• Transactions during Q3 of FY 20-21 was 2.44 Cr as compared to 1.43 Cr during Q3 of FY 19-20, a tremendous growth by 71%
SIP Book Size:
• Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 68.30 lakh as on date.
• For Jan’21 the platform registered 4.77 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 114.7 Cr.
• For Dec’20 the platform registered 4.30 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 107 Cr.
• Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 69,018.
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 15.39 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs. 9,420 Cr. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 69,018 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974