BSE StAR MF Achieves A New Milestone, 76.74 Lakhs Transactions Processed In October 2020
Surpasses its all-time highest monthly record of 73.34 lakh transactions in Aug 2020
Mumbai, October 30th, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest and leading Mutual Funds Distributor platform created an all new record.
In October, BSE StAR MF set another record registering 76.74 lakh transactions worth Rs. 22,828 Cr.
Inspite of the nationwide pandemic and lockdown BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions.
The former highest monthly transactions 73.34 lakh was achieved in Aug 2020 with value of Rs. 25,128 Cr.
Overall, the platform achieved 83% of the transaction within 7 months which is 4.76 Cr. during FY 20-21(Apr-Oct) as compared to 5.75 Cr. transactions during FY 19-20.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
· For Oct ‘20 it was Rs. 22,828 Cr. compared to Rs. 14,672 Cr. on Oct’19, a significant growth of 56%
· For Oct ’20 it was Rs. 22,828 Cr. compared to Rs. 24,493 Cr. on Sep ’20 a decline by 7%
· For Sep ’20 it was Rs. 24,493 Cr. compared to Rs. 16,674 Cr. on Sep ’19, a growth of 47%
· Turnover for Q2 FY 20-21 was Rs. 75,531 Cr as compared to Rs. 48,942 Cr for Q2 FY 19-20, an excellent increase by 54 %
Net Equity Inflow:
· For Oct ’20 it was Rs. 1,033 Cr compared to Rs. 1,448 Cr for Sep ’20, a drop by
-31% but continue to post positive equity net inflow
· For Oct ’20 it was Rs. 1,033 Cr compared to Rs. 792 Cr for Oct ’19, a growth of 30%
· Net Equity inflow during Q2 of FY 20-21 is Rs.2,808 Cr compared to Rs. 4,497 Cr for Q2 FY 19-20 a decline of 38%
· For Oct ’20 it was 76.74 lakh an increase by 7% as compared to 71.93 lakh for Sep’20
· For Oct ’20 it was 76.74 lakh as compared to 46.67 lakh for Oct ’19, an incredible growth of 64%
· For Sep ’20 it was 71.93 lakh a significant increase by 68% as compared to 42.91 lakh Sep ’19.
· Transactions during Q2 of FY 20-21 was 2.14 Cr as compared to 1.28 Cr during Q2 of FY 19-20, a tremendous growth by 67%.
SIP Book Size:
· Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 55.68 lakh as on date.
· For Oct ’20 the platform registered 2.94 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 74.49 Cr.
· For Sep ’20 the platform registered 3.73 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 85.63 Cr.
Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 68,583
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 10.56 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs 6,992 Cr. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 68,583 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas / Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472 / 8108000974
Yatin.email@example.com / Rahul.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com