Continuing strong upward trajectory: BSE StAR MF processes 1.52 Crore transactions worth Rupees 35,242 Crore in September 2021
Surpasses its all-time highest monthly record of 1.41 Cr transactions in August 2021
Mumbai, Sep 30th, 2021: BSE StAR MF, India's largest regulated Exchange-based online Mutual Funds Distribution platform, has created an all-new record. With all mutual funds and distributors channelising their transactions through online platforms and despite the outbreak of Covid-19.
In Sep’21, BSE StAR MF set a new record processing 1.52 Cr transactions for the first time worth Rs. 35,242 Cr.
The former highest monthly transactions 1.41 Cr was achieved in Aug’21.
The platform also achieved its highest ever new SIPs of 9.71 lakh registered in a month in Sep’21 as compared to previous highest of 9.09 lakh in Aug’21.
Overall, the platform achieved 83% of the transaction within 6 months which is 7.80 Cr. during FY 21-22(Apr – Sep) as compared to 9.38 Cr. transactions during FY 20-21.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
- For Sep’21 it was Rs. 35,242 Cr. compared to Rs. 36,277 Cr. on Aug’21.
- For Sep’21 it was Rs. 35,242 Cr. compared to Rs. 24,493 Cr. on Sep’20, a significant growth of 44%
- Turnover for Q2 FY 21-22 was Rs. 1,09,836 Cr as compared to Rs. 75,531 Cr for Q2 FY 20-21, increase by 45 %
Net Equity Inflow:
- For Sep’21 it was Rs. 6,396 Cr compared to Rs. 7,614 Cr for Aug’21.
- For Sep’21 it was Rs. 6,396 Cr compared to Rs. 1,488 Cr for Sep’20.
- Net Equity inflow during Q2 FY 21-22 is Rs. 21,524 Cr compared to Rs. 2,808 Cr for Q2 FY 20-21
- For Sep’21 it was 1.52 Cr as compared to 1.41 Cr for Aug’21 an increase by 8%
- For Sep’21 it was 1.52 Cr as compared to 71.93 lakh for Sep’20 an incredible growth of 111%
- Transactions during Q2 FY 21-22 was 4.26 Cr as compared to 2.14 Cr during Q2 FY 20-21, tremendous growth by 99%
New SIP Registrations:
- For Sep’21 the platform registered 9.71 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 222 Cr.
- For Aug’21 the platform registered 9.09 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 211.89 Cr.
- Distributor network has seen multi-fold increase to 70,787 (as on September 2021).
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 34.79 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs. 15,835 Cr as on Sep 2021. The app was launched to help Mutual Fund Distributors register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with network of over 70,787 distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas / Mihir Dani
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472 / 7738012080
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org / Rahul.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org