BSE Forms Advisory Group for Development of REITs Market in India
Hon’ble Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitely in today’s Budget made an announcement relating to Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs). SEBI has also issued draft regulations relating to REITs.
In order to orderly develop REITs market and to make is popular amongst investing public, the Exchange has decided to make an “Advisory Group” which would inter-alia comprise of experts from real estate, securities market participants like merchant bankers, legal professionals and consultants in real estate and will advise the exchange relating the newly proposed framework on REITs.
Members of BSE’s REITs Advisory Group shall be:
1. Mr. Apurva Shah , Managing Director – Investment Banking and Advisory, Deutsch Equity India Pvt Ltd
2. Mr. Deepak Chhabaria , Managing Director – Finance, RMZ Corporation
3. Ms. Gesu Kaushal, Executive Director , Kotak Mahindra Capital
4. Mr. Gautam Bhalla, Managing Director, Vatika Limited
5. Mr. Jesal Sanghvi , Principal, Capcity Real Estate
6. Mr. Sanjay Chandel , Principal, Azure Capital Advisors
7. Mr. Saurabh Chawla, Executive Director – Finance, DLF Limited
8. Mr. Shobhit Agarwal, Managing Director – Capital Markets, Jones Lang LaSalle India
9. Mr. Siddharth Shah , Partner , Khaitan & Co
10. Mr. Vinod Rohira, Director, K Raheja Corp
11. Mr. Vipul Bansal, CEO, DB Group
ABOUT BSE Ltd:
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd.) – Established in 1875, BSE Ltd. (formerly known as Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd.), is Asia’s first Stock Exchange and one of India’s leading exchange groups and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualised entity, with a broad shareholder-base which includes two leading global exchanges, Deutsche Bourse and Singapore Exchange as strategic partners. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing. BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small-and-medium enterprises (SME). BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments. Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, the wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on BSE platform and provides full novation guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed on the BSE Platform. BSE Institute Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of BSE, runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), a subsidiary of is one of the two central depository services in India.
For More Information
Yatin Padia – 022 2272 8516 / Ketan Mehta – 022 2272 8321