BSE StAR MF Records Positive Net Equity Inflow Once Again in August 2020
Mumbai, September 10, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distributor platform is moving consistently towards transforming itself into a unique end-to-end-value based platform.
BSE StAR MF continues to maintain the investors trust amidst market volatility contributing Net Equity Inflow of Rs.667 Cr as compared to industry’s total of Rs.-4,000 Cr in Aug’20.
BSE StAR MF also set a record of highest monthly transaction of 73.34 lakh in Aug’20 as well as second highest single day transaction of 11.40 lakh on 10th Aug’20 vs current best of 11.58 lakhs processed on 13th Apr’20.
Despite the nationwide pandemic and lockdown extension, BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions.
Overall, the platform achieved 57% of the transaction which is 3.28 Cr. during FY 20-21(Apr-Aug) as compared to 5.75 Cr. transactions during FY 19-20.
BSE StAR MF Key Highlights:
· For Aug’20 it was Rs. 25,128 Cr. compared to Rs. 14,714 Cr. on Aug’19, a significant growth of 71%
· Turnover for Q1 FY 20-21 was Rs. 85,419.71 Cr as compared to Rs. 43,367 Cr for Q1 FY 19-20, an excellent increase by 97 %
Net Equity Inflow:
· For Aug ’20 it was Rs. 667 Cr compared to Rs. 653 Cr for Jul ’20, a rise by 2%
· Net Equity inflow during Q1 of FY 20-21 is Rs.9,181 Cr compared to Rs. 4,079 Cr for Q1 FY 19-20 a remarkable growth 125%
· For Aug ’20 it was 73.34 lakh an increase by 7% as compared to 68.72 lakh for Jul’20
· For Aug ’20 it was 73.34 lakh as compared to 41.71 lakh for Aug ’19, a growth of 76%.
· Transactions during Q1 of FY 20-21 was 1.86 Cr as compared to 1.22 Cr during Q1 of FY 19-20, a tremendous growth by 52%.
SIP Book Size:
· Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 50.10 lakh as on date.
· For Aug ’20 the platform registered 3.47 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 86.59 Cr.
· For July’20 the platform registered 3.07 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs.76.04 Cr.
· Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 57,697 as on date.
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 8.47 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs. 5,990 Cr. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 57,697 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org