BSE StAR MF contributed Net Equity Inflow of 49% to the Mutual Fund industry in FY 2021-22
Mumbai, April 8th, 2022: Continuing its stellar performance, India's largest regulated Exchange-based online Mutual Funds Distribution platform is moving consistently towards transforming itself into a unique end-to-end-value based platform.
BSE StAR MF contributed Rs. 81,350 crores as Net Equity Inflow during FY 2021-22, which is 49% of the Mutual Fund (MF) Industry’s Net Equity Inflow of Rs. 1,64,404 crores.
BSE StAR MF processed over 1.96 crore transactions amounting to Rs. 42,976 crores in the month of March, 2022. Inspite of the nationwide pandemic and lockdown BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions.
Overall, the platform achieved 18.47 crore transactions in the financial year 2021-2022.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
• Annual Turnover during FY 21-22 was Rs. 4,54,023 cr.
• For March ‘22 was Rs. 42,976 cr., compared to Rs. 41,339 cr. on February ‘22, an increase of 4%
• For March ‘22 was Rs. 42,976 cr., compared to Rs. 31,556 cr. on Mar ‘21, an incredible growth of 36%
• For Q4 FY 21-22 was Rs. 1,22,135 cr. as compared to Rs. 91,696 cr. for Q4 FY 20-21, an excellent increase by 33%
Net Equity Inflow:
• For Mar ’22 it was Rs. 6,860 cr. compared to Rs. 7,302 cr. for Feb ’22
• For Mar ’22 it was Rs. 6,860 cr. compared to Rs. 4,233 cr. for Mar ’21, an incredible growth of 62%
• During Q4 of FY 21-22 is Rs. 22,068 cr. compared to Rs. 8,079 cr. for Q4 FY 20-21 an increase of 173%
• Annual Transactions increased rapidly by 97% from 18.47 cr. in FY 21-22 as compared to 9.38 cr in FY 20-21.
• For March ‘22 was 1.96 cr. an increase of 8% as compared to 1.82 cr. for February ‘22.
• For March ‘22 was 1.96 cr. has significantly increased by 79% as compared to 1.10 cr. for March ’21.
• For Q4 FY 21-22 was 5.65 cr. as compared to 2.95 cr. for Q4 FY 20-21, an excellent increase by 92%
SIP Book Size:
• StAR MF’s total active SIP book size stands at 1.20 cr. as on 31st March, 2022
• Platform has registered 2.72 cr. SIPs as on 31st March, 2022
• For Mar’22 the platform registered 10.89 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs 250 cr.
• For Feb’22 the platform registered 9.07 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 209 cr.
· Distributor network has seen multi-fold increase to 72,252 (as on March 2022).
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 56.79 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs. 20,321 Cr till March 2022. The app was launched to help Mutual Fund Distributors register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with network of over 72,252 distributors in India
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org