BSE StAR MF contributes 66% to Industry’s Net Equity Inflow in May 2020
Mumbai, June 11, 2020: BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distributor platform is moving consistently towards transforming itself into a unique end-to-end-value based platform.
BSE StAR MF contributed 66% in net equity inflow i.e Rs. 3,492.90 cr out of the industry’s total of Rs. 5,256.52 cr. in May 2020 as compared to 61% in April 2020 which was Rs.3,806.14 cr out of the industry’s total of Rs. 6,212.97 cr.
BSE StAR MF’s total contribution to the MF industry in May 2020 is Rs. 8,210 cr. which is 12% out of the industry total of Rs. 70,813 cr.
BSE StAR MF processed over 59.29 lakh transactions amounting to Rs.25,540 crore, in the month of May 2020. In spite of the nationwide pandemic and lockdown BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions.
Overall, the platform achieved 5.75 crore transactions in the financial year 2019-2020 and 1.23 crore transactions during Apr & May 2020.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
· Monthly Turnover for May 2020 was Rs. 25,540 Cr as compared to Rs. 13,542.80 Cr in May 2019, a tremendous growth of 89%
· Monthly Turnover for May 2020 was Rs. 25,540 Cr as compared to Rs. 37,200 Cr. on April 2020 a decline by 31%
· Monthly Turnover for April 2020 was Rs.37,200 Cr as compared to Rs.14,466 Cr. on April 2019, a striking growth of 157%
· Turnover for current FY 20-21 (April & May 2020) is Rs. 62,757 Cr
· Annual Turnover during FY 19-20 was Rs. 2,02,552 Cr.
· Monthly number of Transactions for May 2020 is 59.29 lakhs as compared to 39.97 lakhs for May 2019, a growth of 48%
· Monthly number of Transactions for May 2020 is 59.29 lakhs a decline by 6% as compared to 63.17 lakhs for April, 2020
· Total Transaction for current FY 20-21(Apr & May 2020) is 1.23 Cr
· Monthly number of Transactions for April 2020 was 63.17 lakhs has rapidly increased by 48% as compared to 42.61 lakh April 2019
· Annual Transactions have significantly increased by 61% as compared to last year. It has processed 5.75 crore transactions (Apr’19 to Mar ‘20) in comparison to 3.59 crore (Apr ‘18 to Mar ‘19)
SIP Book Size:
· Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 39.83 lakh amounting to Rs. 1237.63 crore as on May 2020
· The platform registered 2.52 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 57.54 crore for May 2020
· The platform registered 2.54 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 60.09 crore in April 2020
· 1/3rd of every SIP in the industry in April 2020 is registered through BSE StAR MF platform. BSE StAR contributed 35% in registration of new SIP to the MF industry. BSE StAR MF registered 2.54 lakh new SIPs out of 7.26 lakh new SIPs registered by MF industry
· Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 57,217 (as on date)
· Gross Equity inflow for May 2020 Rs 4,719.15 cr vs Rs. 5,652.46 cr. for April 2020, a decline by 17%
· Gross Equity inflow for May 2020 Rs. 4,719.15 cr vs Rs. 2,958 cr for May 2019, a remarkable growth of 60%
· Gross Equity inflow for on-going FY 20-21(Apr & May 2020) is Rs. 10,371.61 Cr.
· Gross Equity inflow during FY 19-20 was Rs. 1,41,473 Cr.
· Net Equity inflow for May 2020 Rs. 3,492.90 cr. vs Rs 3,806.14 cr for April 2020, a decline of 8%
· Net Equity inflow for May 2020 Rs. 3,492.90 cr. vs Rs. 2,803 cr May 2019, an significant increase of 25%
· Net Equity inflow for on-going FY 20-21(Apr & May 2020) is Rs. 7,299.04 cr.
· Net Equity inflow during FY 19-20 was Rs. 56,038 cr
· Gross Debt inflow for May 2020 Rs. 2,446.53 cr vs Rs. 2,936.71 cr for April 2020, a decline by 17%.
· Gross Debt inflow for May 2020 is Rs. 2,446.53 cr vs Rs 1,532.36 cr May 2019, a significant growth of 60%.
· Redemption for May 2020 is Rs 1,310.80 cr vs redemption was Rs 5,432.01 cr for April 2020, decreased by 76%.
· Net Debt inflow for May 2020 Rs. 1,135.73 cr vs Rs. 1,212.02 cr May 2019, a decline in 6%.
· Gross Liquid inflow for May 2020 Rs 6,937.37 cr vs Rs 9,466.80 cr for April 2020, a decline of 27 %.
· Gross Liquid inflow for May 2020 Rs. 6,937.37 cr vs Rs. 5,524.14 cr May 2019, an increase of 26 %.
· Redemption for May 2020 Rs. 3,356.75 cr, vs redemption was Rs. 3,064.65 cr for April 2020 an increase by 10%.
· Net Liquid inflow for May 2020 Rs. 3,580.62 cr vs Rs. 6,402.15 cr April 2020, a decline of 44%.
· Net Liquid inflow for May 2020 Rs. 3,580.62 cr vs Rs. 4,849.26 cr May 2019, a decline of 26%.
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 5.56 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs 4,184.26 crore. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 57,217 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil, Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org