BSE StAR MF contributes Net Equity Inflow of 66% for the entire MF Industry in FY 19-20 & and 61% for the entire MF industry in April 2020
Mumbai, May 11th, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest Mutual Funds Distribution platform is moving consistently towards transforming itself into a unique end-to-end-value based platform.
BSE StAR MF contributed 56,038 crores (Subscription: 1,41,473 crores minus Redemption: 85,435 crores) as Net Equity Inflow during FY 2019-20, which is 66% of the entire MF Industry Net Equity Inflow which was 83,781 crores for FY 2019-20.
BSE StAR MF contributed 61% in net equity inflow i.e Rs.3,806 cr out of the entire MF industry’s total of Rs.6,212 cr. in April 2020.
BSE StAR MF processed over 63.17 lakh transactions amounting to Rs. 37,200 crore, in the month of April 2020. In spite of the nationwide pandemic and lockdown BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth paperless transactions.
Overall, the platform achieved 5.75 crore transactions in the financial year 2019-2020.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
• Monthly Turnover for April, 2020 was Rs. 37,200 Cr., compared to Rs. 14,466 Cr. on April 2019, a striking growth of 157 %.
• Monthly Turnover for April, 2020 was Rs. 37,200 Cr., compared to Rs. 41,187 Cr. on March 2020 a decline by 9%.
• Annual Turnover during FY 19-20 was Rs. 2,02,552 Cr.
• Monthly number of transactions for April 2020 was 63.17 lakhs as compared to 70.36 lakhs for March 2020
• Monthly number of transactions for April 2020 was 63.17 lakhs has rapidly increased by 48% as compared to 42.61 lakhs for April 2019.
• Annual Transactions have significantly increased by 61% as compared to last year. It has processed 5.75 crore transactions (Apr’19 to Mar ‘20) in comparison to 3.59 crore (Apr ‘18 to Mar ‘19).
SIP Book Size:
• Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 39.54 lakh amounting to Rs. 1,180.09 crore as on April 2020.
• The platform registered 2.54 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 60.09 crore in April 2020.
• The platform registered 2.84 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 82 crore in March 2020.
• 1/3rd of every SIP in the industry in April 2020 is registered through BSE StAR MF platform. BSE StAR contributed 35% in registration of new SIP to the MF industry. BSE StAR MF registered 2.54 lakh new SIPs out of 7.26 lakh new SIPs registered by MF industry.
• Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 57,064 (as on April 2020) from 23,796 (as on April 2019).
• Gross Equity inflow for April 2020 Rs 5,652.45 cr vs Rs. 6,463 cr. for March 2020, a decline by 13%
• Gross Equity inflow for April 2020 Rs. 5,652.45 cr vs Rs. 3,311.27 cr for April 2019, an outstanding growth of 71%
• Gross Equity inflow during FY 19-20 was Rs. 1,41,473 Cr.
• Net Equity inflow for April 2020 Rs.3,806.13 cr. vs Rs 2,666 cr for March 2020, a remarkable growth of 43%
• Net Equity inflow for April 2020 Rs. 3,806.13 cr vs Rs. 536 cr April 2019, an significant increase of 610 %.
• Net Equity inflow during FY 19-20 was Rs. 56,038 cr.
• Gross Debt inflow for April 2020 Rs. 2,937 cr vs Rs. 3,436.41 cr for March 2020, a decline by 15%.
• Gross Debt inflow for April 2020 Rs. 2,937 cr vs Rs 1,768 cr April 2019, a growth of 66%.
• Redemption for April 2020 Rs 5,432.01 cr vs redemption was Rs 4,886.34 cr for March 2020, increased by 11%.
• Gross Liquid inflow for April 2020 Rs 9,467 cr vs Rs 7,164 cr for March 2020, an increase in 32%.
• Gross Liquid inflow for April 2020 Rs. 9,467 cr vs Rs. 5,180.46 cr April 2019, an incredible increase of 83% .
• Redemption for April 2020 Rs. 3,065 cr, vs redemption was Rs. 7,259 cr for March 2020 an increase by 58%.
• Net Liquid inflow for April 2020 Rs. 6,402.14 cr vs Rs. 1,671 cr April 2019, an astounding increase in 283 %.
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 4.47 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs 3561.38 crore. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 57,064 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org