BSE StAR MF Reaches A New Milestone, 70.36 Lakhs Transactions amounting to Rs. 24,714 crore Processed In March 2020, Total 5.75 Crore Transactions of Rs 4,23,864 crore processed during FY ’19-20.
Surpasses its all-time highest monthly record of 57.33 lakh transactions In February 2020 and annual transactions record of 3.59 Crore per annum during FY ’18-19.
Mumbai, April 01, 2020: Continuing its stellar performance, BSE StAR MF, India's largest and leading Mutual Funds Distributor platform created an all new record for the third consecutive month.
BSE Star MF processed over 70.36 lakh transactions amounting to Rs. 24,714 crore, in the month of March 2020 alone. Inspite of the nationwide pandemic and lockdown BSE StAR MF has helped AMCs, members and their clients in smooth, automated, paperless transactions, witnessing a 23% hike in transactions as compared to the previous month.
The former highest monthly transactions number achieved was 57.33 lakh transactions in February 2020.
Overall, the platform achieved 5.75 crore transactions in the just completed financial year 2019-20.
Some of the Key Highlights are:
• Annual Turnover during FY 19-20 was Rs. 4,23,864 Cr
• Monthly Turnover for March, 2020 was Rs. 24714 Cr., compared to Rs. 16533 Cr. on March 2019, a striking growth of 49%.
• Monthly Turnover for March, 2020 was Rs. 24714 Cr., compared to Rs. 21423 Cr. on February 2019, an increase of 15%
• Annual Transactions have significantly increased by 61% as compared to last year.
BSE Star MF processed 5.75 crore transactions (Apr’19 to Mar ‘20) in comparison to 3.59 crore (Apr ‘18 to Mar ‘20).
• Monthly number of Transactions for March 2020 was 70,36,076 lakhs an increase of 23% as compared to 57,32,754 lakhs for February 2020 .
• Monthly number of Transactions for March 2020 was 70,36,076 lakhs which has rapidly increased by 86% as compared to 37,72,835 lakhs for March, 2019.
SIP Book Size:
• Total StAR MF’s SIP book size is 38.96 lakh amounting to Rs.1,120 crore as on date.
• The platform registered 2.84 lakh new SIPs amounting to Rs. 82 crore in March 2020
• Distributor count has seen multi-fold increase to 56,861 (as on March 2020) from 23,041 (as on March 2019).
• Gross Equity during FY 19-20 was Rs. 1,41,473 Cr.
• Gross Equity for March 2020 was Rs. 6159 Cr., compared to Rs. 3740 Cr. for March 2019, an increase in 76%.
• Net Equity for March 2020 was Rs. 2431.15 Cr. compared to Rs. 1877 Cr. for March 2019, an increase in 30%.
BSE StAR MF App (StAR MF Mobility) has processed over 3.69 lakh transactions since its launch, amounting to Rs 2,881 crore. The app was launched to help distributors and IFAs (Independent Financial Advisors) register clients on real-time basis and execute paperless transactions. Because of the superior support system and distribution reach of BSE StAR MF, the platform has grown exponentially with over 56,861 registered distributors in India.
BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) established in 1875, is Asia’s first & now the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds. BSE is India’s leading exchange group and has played a prominent role in developing the Indian capital market. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity, with a broad shareholder base that includes the leading global exchange- Deutsche Bourse, as a strategic partner. BSE provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, mutual funds and stock lending and borrowing.
BSE also has a dedicated platform for trading in equities of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that has been highly successful. BSE also has a dedicated MF distribution platform BSE StAR MF which is India Largest Mutual Funds Distribution Infrastructure. On October 1, 2018, BSE launched commodity derivatives trading in Gold, Silver, Copper, Oman Crude Oil Guar Gum, Guar Seeds & Turmeric.
BSE provides a host of other services to capital market participants including risk management, clearing, settlement, market data services and education. It has a global reach with customers around the world and a nation-wide presence. BSE’s systems and processes are designed to safeguard market integrity, drive the growth of the Indian capital market and stimulate innovation and competition across all market segments.
Indian Clearing Corporation Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE, acts as the central counterparty to all trades executed on the BSE trading platform and provides full novation, guaranteeing the settlement of all bonafide trades executed. BSE Institute Ltd, another fully owned subsidiary of BSE runs one of the most respected capital market educational institutes in the country. Central Depository Services Ltd. (CDSL), associate company of BSE, is one of the two Depositories in India.
BSE has set up an Investor Protection Fund (IPF) on July 10, 1986 to meet the claims of investors against defaulter Members, in accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. BSE Investor Protection Fund is responsible for creating Capital markets related awareness among the investor community in India.
Yatin Padia / Rahul Vyas/ Shruti Nitesh
022 2272 8516 / 2272 8472/ 8108000974
Yatin.firstname.lastname@example.org/ Rahul.email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org