1. Trading Members are hereby informed that Infosys Limited (Scrip code: 500209) has announced buyback of its fully paid-up equity shares of face value of Rs. 5/- each from the Open Market through electronic trading mechanism of the Exchange. The Maximum Buyback Price would not exceed Rs. 800/- (Rupees Eight hundred only) per equity share payable in cash for an aggregate amount not exceeding Rs. 8260 crores (Rupees Eight Thousand Two Hundred and Sixty crore only).
2. Proposed time table for buyback:
Date of Opening of the Buyback on BOLT
March 20, 2019
Last Date for the Buyback
(a) On September 19, 2019 (that is 6 months from the date of the opening of the Buyback); or
(b) when the Company completes the Buyback by deploying the amount equivalent to the Maximum Buyback Size; or
(c) at such earlier date as may be determined by the Board (including a committee thereof, constituted by the Board or persons nominated by the Board / committee to exercise its powers, and / or the powers conferred by the Board resolution in relation to the Buyback), after giving notice of such earlier closure, subject to the Company having deployed an amount equivalent to the Minimum Buyback Size (even if the Maximum Buyback Size has not been reached or the Maximum Buyback Shares have not been bought back), however, that all payment obligations relating to the Buyback shall be completed before the last date for the Buyback.
3. Broker Members for buyback:
The company has appointed the following BSE Trading Members through whom the purchases and settlement on account of the buyback would be made:
Trading Members may note that Kotak Securities Limited would Buyback shares of the Company in demat and physical mode.
4. Details of Buyback orders on BOLT.
a) Shares held in DEMAT Form -
The Trading Members may note that the Equity Shares held in DEMAT form can be offered for Buyback to the Company in rolling settlement, as per details mentioned below:
Scrip Code No. : 500209
Market Lot : 1 Share
Scrip ID on BOLT System : INFY*
b) Shares held in Physical Form –
The Trading Members may note that the Physical Equity Shares can be offered for Buyback to the Company in rolling settlement, as per details mentioned below:
Scrip Code No. : 542530
Market Lot : 1 Share
Scrip ID on BOLT System : INFYBBPH
Abbreviated Name on BOLT System : INFOSYSLTD*
The Trading Member buying the shares in physical mode under buyback will accept equity share certificates of any denomination in buyback in respect of physical shares, since the market lot of the physical scrip is "one".
Trading Members are requested to note that dealing in physical scrip codes of Infosys Limited (Scrip code: 542530) which is enabled for buyback of equity shares shall be discontinued w.e.f. March 25, 2019.
Trading Members are also requested to refer the Exchange Notice no: 20190311-12 dated March 11, 2019 and SEBI notification No. SEBI/LAD-NRO/GN/2018/49 dated November 30, 2018 and June 08, 2018 regarding discontinuation of Physical Settlement mode of Trading of physical scrips.
5. Orders entered by Designated Buyback Member & Client Code is available in the Odd Lot order entry screen (Ctrl+F7) under ‘Grab’ tab -> Buy Odd Lot Bids. For trading in Physical Scrip code: 542530, the member is required to use Odd Lot order entry screen (Ctrl+F7) on Bolt TWS.
6. Circuit Filters, Margins, Capital Adequacy Norms, Auction, Close out, Bad Delivery, Arbitration, etc. are applicable in case of buyback as in the case of the normal trading.
7. Institutional Investors are allowed to participate in the buyback.
8. The documents are available in Department of Corporate Services for inspection. In case of any queries /clarifications on the scheme of buyback, Trading Members may please contact the under mentioned persons:
- Merchant Banker to the Buyback:
Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited
27BKC, 1st Floor, Plot No. C-27, “G” Block, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 051
Contact Person: Ganesh Rane
Phone: +91-22-4336 0128
Fax: +91-22-6713 2447
SEBI Registration: INM000008704
Validity Period: Permanent Registration
Name: A. G. S. Manikantha
Designation: Company Secretary
Address: Infosys Limited
No. 44, Electronics City, Hosur Road,
Bengaluru 560 100, India
Tel: +91 80 4116 7775
Fax: +91 80 2852 0754
Email id: email@example.com
· At the Exchange:
Clearing & Settlement Department -
Mr. Nilesh Shah/Ajay Darji - Extn: 022-2272-8704/8468 (For Clearing & Settlement)
Trading Department -
Trading Operations - Extn: 022-2272- 8436 (For Trading Related)
Help desk - Extn: 61363100 (Hunting) (For BOLT System)
Listing Operations Department –
Mr. Raghavendra Bhat - Extn: 022-2272-8915 (For General Queries)
March 19, 2019