10 - 14 October 2011
At BSE Training Institute Ltd., Mumbai, India
BSE Training Institute Ltd., A wholly owned subsidiary of the BSE Limited. is a renowned facility for securities market training in
Mumbai, India which organizes number of trainings in the realm of financial edification, specialized/customized trainings, international programs, seminars, study visits and financial certification examinations.
BTIL has an excellent track record in conducting high quality international programs which have been highly acclaimed and well received by overseas participants representing regulators, stock exchanges, financial institutions, banks, leading brokerage houses and other financial intermediaries. Participation includes representation from a number of regions such as South Asia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; so far over 30 countries have attended; namely Albania, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Barbados, Bhutan, Dubai, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Lithuania, Kuala Lumpur, Maldives, Mauritius, Morocco, Nepal, Sultanate of Oman, Fiji, Pakistan, Poland, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand and West Indies. African Nations: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda.
A five day program for market professionals in the mid to senior levels working in the securities markets that provides a unique experience of learning various aspects of the policy and practice. The program is primarily meant for international audience and thus consists of a right mix of class room lectures/presentations, practical /simulation exercises/demonstrations, interface with leading professionals and practitioner and visits to major financial institutions in Mumbai.
1. Products on Stock Exchanges: Equity / Stock Markets, Basket Trading, Derivatives, Debt Markets- Retail and Wholesale, Interest Rate Futures, Exchange Traded Funds, Mutual Funds (Close Ended).
2. Primary Markets: Contents of Prospectus-Red Herring, IPO Process, Fixed Price Method, Book Building Process.
3. Indices: Indexing Concept, Global and Indian Indexing Scenario, Active v/s Passive Debate, Index Based Products.
4. Stock Markets Functioning: Concept of Brokers, Sub-Brokers & Remisiers, Trade Transaction Flow, Listing Procedure, Categories of Scripts: Large, Medium & Small.
5. Trading Mechanism: Membership Requirement, Trading Clearing & Settlement Procedure- Rolling Settlement, Pay-in, Pay-out Schedule Contract Note Specifications, Auction Mechanism, Demo of the Trading Screen, Emerging Issues: Margin Trading & Borrowing and Lending of Securities.
6. Risk Management System: Capital Adequacy Requirements, Intra day Trading limits, Gross Exposure Limit, Margining Procedure.
7. Dematerialization of Shares and Depositories: Introduction to the Concept, Beneficial & Registered Owner, Role of Depositories, Dematerialization Procedure, Advantages.
8. Surveillance: Objective of Surveillance, Procedures involved in Position Monitoring of Brokers, Price Monitoring & Investigations Procedures, Scrip Wise Circuit Filters, Market Wide Circuit Breakers, Money Laundering.
9. Derivatives Markets: Introduction to Options and Futures, Explanation of Market Terminologies, Pay-off Structure, Basic Trading Strategies, Weekly Options.
10. Trading Mechanism in Derivatives Markets: Membership Requirements, Trading, Clearing and Settlement Procedure, Risk Management, Margining Mechanism Demonstration of the Trading Screen, Accounting and Taxation.
11. Debt Markets: Debt Products traded in Stock Exchanges, Wholesale Debt Markets, Retail Debt Markets, Trading Mechanism in Debt Markets (Wholesale/Retail Debt Markets) Membership Requirements, Trading Mechanism, Risk Management.
12. Commodity Market & Trading Corporate Actions: Bonus, Right, Dividend, Buy Back etc., Regulations to be followed by the Corporates, Impact on the Shareholders.
13. FII Investments: Rules, Regulations and Bylaws on: Investment in Primary Markets, Investment in Secondary Markets.
14. Investing with Masters: Life & Times of Worlds Legendary Investors.
15. Study visits and Walk & Talk Tours
Who can attend?
Senior to Mid Level Officials from the Regulator, Securities Market Commission, Stock Exchanges, Central and Commercial Banks, Financial Institutions, Broking Houses, Corporates and other Financial Services.
Venue: BSE Training Institute Ltd., BSE Limited.,
Days & Dates: 10 - 14 October 2011 (Monday to Friday)
Timing: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Course Fees: US$ 3400 Per Participant (Includes accommodation on single room occupancy in a reputed star hotel, airport transfers - pick up & drop, local transport during the program, study visits, study material, tuition fees, refreshments & lunch and participation certificate).
Discounts: 10% for two registrations and more.
Registration: Use enclosed format with payment details.
Last Date for Registration: 20th September 2011
Vispi Rusi Bhathena
Phone: 0091 22 22728175, 22728197, 22728303
Fax: 0091 22 22723250